Monday, March 17, 2008

Kiss Me, I'm Irish

In my family we embrace our Irish heritage, even though, as closely as we can figure, we're more Swedish than Irish. For that, we can thank my older brother with his mischievous smile, subtly reminiscent of a Leprechaun, his contagious affinity for Guinness, and his convincing affected brogue. He has brought out the Irish in all of us, or pointed it out, at the very least. So on this, the day when everyone reflects a little of the emerald isle, I say, "Happy St. Patrick's Day!" from behind these smiling Irish eyes.

An Old Irish Blessing
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of his hand.

Éirinn go Brágh!

No comments:

You can call me Betty

My photo
Modesto, California, United States
I believe in God and truth and beauty and love. I dance in my kitchen and cry while I do the dishes.