Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mad About Alice Party

A few weeks ago, I wrote that I had lost my muchness. At last, I believe I've found it.


When an ebay purchase showed up at my door, bearing layers of bubble wrap and tissue, I dove in to find two stark white, vintage Inarco busts. And found myself disappointed.


And then inspired.

And then invigorated.

And then....



Delighted

by the end result.


Meet Alice and Maddy.


Born of my fascination with the iconography of Wonderland...

The Top Hat, The Hearts...

The Watches, The Keys...

Even the color scheme is iconic



Then of course, there are the teapots and teacups, the rabbits, the crowns and the language.... oh the language. {"Curiouser," "muchness" and so many more... an embarassment of riches for a word-lover}


If that isn't much more muchier than a plain white pair of busts... well then I'm madder than the Hatter. And if that's the case, well, I'm okay with that. All the best people are.

Check out the other partygoers and the hostess with the mostess at The French Cupboard.

Enjoy the party, have a cup of tea, and show us your best Futterwacken.

By the way, you can find these lovelies and much more in my etsy shop, with more altered busts and art on its way.

11 comments:

Me! said...

Oh, I love it! I do!

Paulette Kinney/Paper Nosh said...

Very much much muchness....love your little Wonderland statues !! xoxo,
paulette

V I N T A G E O L O G I E said...

You absolutely have your muchness back! Full speed ahead ... these are beauties ... love the attention to detail, wonderful!

happy Alice day!
xo
Jill

Anonymous said...

I guess that makes me madder than a hatter too and I am fine with that! They are wonderful!!

Gypsy Fish said...

Such curious muchiness! now I'll wear a chesire grin all day!
{{gypsy hugs}}
Beth

vvb32 reads said...

what a great pair! almost like the alice version of the tweedles? happy alice muchness day!

FILIGREE MOON said...

Much better that you have found your muchness! These are fabulous! ~ Angela

I see the bridge! said...

What a wonderful creation! Muchness reigns surpreme!
Kiss Noises Linda

blessings said...

You did an amazing job creating muchness! Love the busts.

Blessings... Polly (French Cupboard & Counting Your Blessings)

Lynn Stevens said...

Your muchness is lovely!

Sarah said...

Double fun of muchness here. Great job!

You can call me Betty

My photo
Modesto, California, United States
I believe in God and truth and beauty and love. I dance in my kitchen and cry while I do the dishes.